Christmas Toffee is a delicious, rich, and buttery toffee recipe that is the perfect festive sweet treat. Loaded with delicious chocolate and holiday sprinkles, this easy toffee recipe is always a welcome treat around the holidays.
Toffee is one of my favorite candies, especially during the holidays. I’m not sure why, but toffee has always felt like a holiday treat to me, especially when I give it a little extra Christmas zhuzh. Take this toffee, for example. It’s the toffee recipe I’ve been using for years, but I just hit it with some holiday magic to make it perfect for the season. It makes a great gift, appetizer, snack, or part of a larger holiday dessert spread, and everyone always loves it. It’s also super easy to make, so you can make as much as you need. Perfect!
This homemade toffee starts with a few simple ingredients boiled until they make a toffee base then spread out to set. After that, it’s a simple matter of adding semi-sweet chocolate and holiday sprinkles. Boom. You have an easy, delicious holiday treat that’s super easy to make and tastes so incredibly rich and buttery. It doesn’t get any better!
Why You’ll Love This Christmas Toffee Recipe
- It’s easy to make and only takes a few simple ingredients.
- Everyone loves toffee, and it can be made for any holiday or special occasion.
- It’s super festive and delicious and great for gift-giving, too.
- Invest in a candy thermometer for this and many other boiled sugar recipes. It’s the only way to truly know if your mixture is ready.
- Work quickly when spreading your toffee so it’s nice and even as it dries.
- Use white chocolate, milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips for your toffee chocolate topping. Peanut butter chips are also delicious to add.
- Use holiday-specific sprinkles to make this recipe for any occasion.
- Omit the sprinkles altogether for a simple, old-fashioned toffee that’s always a great treat.
You can get so creative with toppings for this toffee. From holiday themes to simply your favorite flavors. Some great ideas include:
- Holiday M&Ms
- Reese’s Pieces
- Mini Reese’s Cups cut in half
- Mini Cadbury Eggs
- Holiday sprinkles (You can find them for all holidays)
- Crushed or chopped pretzels
- Nuts – pecans or walnuts
What is toffee?
Toffee is a confection made by caramelizing sugar or molasses along with butter and sometimes flour.
What flavor is toffee?
Toffee tastes like a richer, more robust butterscotch.
What is the difference between caramel and toffee?
Caramel is made out of sugar, water, and cream or milk, while toffee is made of sugar and butter. Technically speaking, toffee is actually a form of butterscotch.
Can you freeze Christmas toffee?
Toffee freezes very well and can be stored for up to 3 months in the freezer.
How to Store Christmas Toffee
Store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container. Place the toffee in single layers separated by wax paper, then freeze. Never refrigerate your toffee. The moisture in the fridge will make it soft.
Christmas Toffee Ingredients
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make this recipe. Most or all of them are probably in your kitchen right now.
- Light corn syrup
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Holiday sprinkles
How to Make Christmas Toffee
As long as you have a candy thermometer, this recipe is a breeze. It only takes a few simple steps to make!
Step 1: Prep
Line a 9×9 baking dish, or small baking sheet, with aluminum foil, extending the foil over the edges of your chosen dish. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Toffee
Melt butter over medium heat in a 2-quart saucepan. Then, add the sugar, water, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Then, continue stirring and reduce the heat to medium-low, cooking until the mixture reaches 290 degrees. Immediately pour the mixture into your prepared dish and quickly spread it into an even layer with a spatula.
Step 3: Top with Chocolate
Let the toffee sit for a couple of minutes, then sprinkle the chocolate chips all over the top. Let them sit until slightly melted, then spread the melted chocolate evenly over the toffee with a spatula.
Step 4: Decorate and Chill
Sprinkle the Christmas toffee evenly with holiday sprinkles, then chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator until firm. Remove the hardened toffee from the container using the foil, then break it into pieces. Enjoy!
Try This Delicious Christmas Toffee Recipe Today
This easy, delicious Christmas toffee is ready in just minutes and loaded with the classic flavor of toffee that we all know and love. It’s the perfect holiday treat because it’s quick, easy, and delicious. That means that you can serve up something that’s so yummy without spending a ton of time in the kitchen. That’s what we all want during the holidays, isn’t it? Enjoy!
More Delicious Dessert Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Homemade Peppermint Bark – This delicious peppermint bark recipe is the ultimate holiday candy recipe with milk chocolate, white chocolate, peppermint extract and crushed candy canes.
Christmas Muddy Buddies – This muddy buddy recipe is a classic holiday snack that is always a welcome treat during the holidays.
Chex Mix Bars – This sweet and salty snack is loaded with pretzels and M&Ms, and all the classic favorites for a delicious treat perfect to add to the holiday dessert table as well.
And, here is a delicious Homemade Caramel, from Great Grub, Delicious Treats, that is absolutely scrumptious and a family favorite caramel recipe perfect for the holidays.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- ⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Holiday sprinkles
- Line a 9 x 9 baking dish or a small baking sheet with aluminum foil, extending over the edges of the dish. Set aside.
- In a 2 quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add sugar, water and corn syrup and stir constantly.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and continue stirring until temperature reaches 290°F.
- Once the mixture reaches 290 degrees, immediately pour into the prepared dish and spread out quickly with a spatula.
- Let candy sit for a minute or two and then sprinkle chocolate chips on top and let sit until slightly melted.
- Once melted, use a spatula to smooth over candy.
- Evenly sprinkle holiday sprinkles over candy.
- Chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes or until firm. Once firm, lift foil out of the baking dish and break into pieces.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.