These delicious Chocolate Chunk Toffee Cookies are soft and chewy, have dark chocolate and toffee bits in every bite, and are quick and easy to make.
When I think of cookies, I think of big chunky cookies loaded with fun ingredients. That’s the way I’ve always enjoyed them since I was a kid. Growing up, I knew I was in for a treat if the cookies I was looking at were all lumpy. I knew that meant that they were stuffed with delicious ingredients that I was about to dive into. That’s why I love these cookies so much. While they’re not as chunky as some cookies, you can tell you’re in for a ton of flavor. You can see all of those tasty chocolate chunks, and it’s easy to see just how soft and chewy they’re going to be. I always make these cookies when my kids, and they’re one of my go-to cookie recipes for potlucks and parties, as well.
Chocolate Chunk Toffee Cookies
These cookies are fully loaded with deliciousness. Soft and chewy and loaded with delicious dark chocolate chunks and English toffee baking bits, they’re a blast of chocolate and toffee in each and every bite. It starts with a simple cookie dough that bakes up to soft, moist, chewy perfection. Then, I stuff it absolutely full of dark chocolate chunks and toffee bits for a classic flavor combination. When it’s all said and done, you get cookies absolutely stuffed with melty chocolate and toffee that adds a bit of crunch to the soft and chewy cookie base.
Why You’ll Love These Chocolate Chunk Toffee Cookies
- They’re soft and chewy and loaded with chocolate chunks and toffee bits.
- They’re easy to make and great for potlucks, afternoon snacks, or just to fill up the cookie jar. They’re also a great recipe for cookie exchange parties!
- Dark chocolate and toffee is a delicious combination that everyone loves.
Chocolate Chunk Toffee Cookies Tips and Variations
While these cookies are super easy to make, there are things you can do to make them even tastier. I’m sharing those tips along with some delicious variations that I think you’ll love.
- Make sure your butter is fully softened so it creams easily and mixes well.
- Bring your eggs to room temperature before adding them to the batter for the best texture.
- To avoid measuring out too much flour, gently spoon the flour into your measuring cup until it’s overflowing, then, level it off with the flat of a knife.
- Once the cookies are taken out of the oven, immediately use a biscuit cutter or something round (a little bigger than the cookie) and put over the cookie and shake it in a circular motion for round cookies that are all the same size. A cookie hack that works great!
- Try adding your favorite nuts to this recipe for even more chunky goodness.
- Use milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate, if you prefer.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with toffee bits before baking for more flavor and texture.
Chocolate Chunk Toffee Cookies FAQ
If you have questions about this recipe, then read on. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about these cookies.
Can you freeze chocolate chip cookie dough?
Absolutely. Portion the dough into cookie-sized balls. Then chill them in the refrigerator. Transfer them to an airtight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
How does cornstarch affect cookie dough?
Cornstarch can make cookies thicker and chewier. Adding cornstarch makes the perfect chewy texture.
What ingredient keeps cookies moist?
The major ingredient that makes cookies moist is egg yolk. For moister cookies, use twice as many eggs as the recipe calls for but only use the yolks.
Why are my cookies flat and greasy?
Cookies generally get a flat, greasy, and crispy texture when too little flour is added.
What makes cookies chewy or crispy?
In both cases, it’s eggs. Or rather, certain parts of the egg. Using egg yolks will result in chewy cookies, while using only egg whites will make crispy, crunchy cookies.
How to Store Homemade Cookies
Store your cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for about a week. While cookies will technically keep well for a couple of weeks, they start to become stale after about a week.
Chocolate Chunk Toffee Cookies Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this recipe. Most of them are baking staples, so you won’t need to shop for much.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Butter, room temperature
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Large eggs
- Corn syrup
- Heath BITS O’ BRICKLE English Toffee Baking Bits
- Dark chocolate chunks
How to Make Chocolate Chunk Toffee Cookies
These cookies are so soft, chewy, and chunky, they taste like they’re a lot of work. However, they’re actually just as easy as any other cookie recipe.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and set out the butter to soften and the eggs to come to room temperature.
Step 2: Combine the Wet Ingredients
Cream the butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, and corn syrup together in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Then, add the eggs and beat until combined.
Step 3: Combine the Dry Ingredients
Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
Step 4: Make the Dough
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Then, stir in the dark chocolate chunks and toffee bits.
Step 5: Bake
Drop the dough by round teaspoons or 1-inch cookie scoops onto an ungreased baking sheet or parchment lined baking sheet. Then, bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
Step 6: Cool
Remove the cookies from the oven and let them sit on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Try These Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chunk Toffee Cookies Today
If you’re a cookie fan, then these are the cookies for you. They combine a soft, chewy cookie dough base with chunky dark chocolate and toffee bits to create a classic flavor profile that everyone loves. Every bite is chewy and moist and exploding with flavor. They’re the perfect dessert, snack, or potluck addition. Give this one a try, and I know you’ll find yourself making them again and again.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes To Enjoy
White Chocolate Oatmeal Craisin Cookies – These delicious oatmeal cookies are full of white chocolate chips and craisin, and are soft and chewy with crispy edges. So good!
Caramel Pretzel Cookies – Here is a cookie with both the sweet and salty combination we all love, chewy sweet caramel bits, salty pretzel pieces, and chopped walnuts.
Pumpkin Snickerdoodles – These soft and chewy snickerdoodle cookie recipe is made with the favorite pumpkin spice combo we love and cannot get enough of.
And, here are some soft and chewy Molasses Cookies with Molasses Frosting, from Great Grub, Delicious Treats, that our a family favorite cookie recipe.
Chocolate Chunk Toffee Cookies
- 3¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 8 ounce bag Heath BITS O’ BRICKLE English Toffee Baking Bits®
- 11.5 ounce bag dark chocolate chunks, used ½ of bag
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and set out butter and gather all ingredients.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and corn syrup together until creamy.
- Add eggs and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients mixture.
- Stir in dark chocolate chunks and toffee bits.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon, or 1 inch cookie scoop, onto an ungreased baking sheet or baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cookies sit on the baking sheet for a couple minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.