These Blueberry Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls are stuffed with sweet cream cheese mixture and fresh blueberries, baked until golden and drizzled with a sweet glaze.
I love making pastries of all kinds. Over the years, I’ve made everything from super involved braided affairs to incredibly simple varieties and everything in between, all of them filled with all kinds of fruit and cheese fillings. I love these blueberry cream cheese crescent rolls. They combine the delicious cream cheese and berry fillings I’ve always loved in my pastries with crescent roll dough for a golden, flaky take on classic pastry flavors.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
This easy cross between pastries and crescent rolls will have all of your sweet teeth fully activated and your entire family begging for more. These delicious crescents start with a sweet cream cheese filling that’s the classic hallmark of almost all pastries. Then, I combine it with an equally classic sweet berry filling and roll it all up inside crescent roll dough. What I end up with is a sweet crescent roll dessert or appetizer loaded with delicious flavor and golden brown and flaky on the outside. These make a great ending to any family meal, delicious party snacks, and even sweet breakfasts. It doesn’t hurt that they’re incredibly easy to make, either!
Why You’ll Love These Blueberry Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
- They’re super easy to make and use simple ingredients.
- They’re flaky on the outside and filled with fresh blueberries and a sweet cream cheese mixture on the inside.
- And, they’re super versatile because you can use any of your favorite fruits.
- Fully soften your cream cheese so you don’t end up with little chunks of pure cream cheese in your filling mixture.
- Stir constantly while making your blueberry filling to prevent scorching.
- Let your crescents cool just a bit before adding the icing drizzle. This makes a temperature sweet spot that allows the icing to flow over the crescents but still set while on the crescents.
- Have some paper towels handy. These can get a bit messy but trust me, they’re worth the mess.
- Make the fruit filling using any of your favorite fruits.
- I love Pillsbury crescent rolls, but you can use any brand you prefer.
- You can use prepared pie filling if you like.
Do blueberry cream cheese crescent rolls need to be refrigerated?
They do. Because they have a cream cheese filling, these crescents must be refrigerated.
Can you use different fruit for this recipe?
Yes! Any of your favorite fruits will work in this recipe.
Can you use jam in place of fruit filling?
You can. It will have a bit of a different texture, but it will still be delicious.
Can you use pie filling in place of fresh fruit filling?
You sure can. It’s almost the same final product.
Can you freeze leftover blueberry cream cheese crescent rolls?
You can freeze these for up to 3 months. Wrap the crescent rolls in a double layer of plastic wrap, then place them in an air-tight, freezer-safe container for up to a month.
What to Serve with Blueberry Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
These delicious crescent rolls are perfect with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee. They’re great for snacks, desserts, or even part of a breakfast. Serve them:
- As an after-dinner dessert with any of your favorite meals.
- With milk or coffee as an afternoon snack.
- As a sweet part of breakfast with your favorite items like sausage, eggs, pancakes, bacon, and more.
How to Store Leftovers
Store these crescents in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. For longer storage, freeze them for up to a month wrapped in a double layer of plastic wrap inside an airtight, freezer-safe container.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls Ingredients
This recipe uses simple ingredients that you’ll find easily at your local grocery store.
- Pillsbury Original Crescent Dinner Rolls
- Large egg
- Cream cheese, softened
- Egg yolk
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon juice
- Fresh blueberries
- Brown sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Powdered sugar
How to Make Blueberry Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
This recipe is so easy to make, you’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time. It’s a simple recipe that even beginners will have no trouble with.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Blueberry Filling
Rinse the blueberries and add them to a medium saucepan with sugar, brown sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Then, cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the blueberries burst and start to thicken. Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool.
Step 3: Make the Cream Cheese Filling
Beat the cream cheese for 2 to 3 minutes in a medium bowl until smooth. Then, add the egg yolk, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice, and beat well until incorporated.
Step 4: Make the Crescent Rolls
On a lightly floured surface, separate the crescent rolls at the perforated lines. Spread the cream cheese mixture over each crescent roll followed by the blueberry mixture. Then, roll up the crescent rolls starting from the wide end and place them on the baking sheet.
Step 5: Bake
Brush the crescent rolls with egg wash and bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 6: Make the Glaze
Mix the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl. Then, drizzle the glaze over the crescent rolls. Enjoy!
Try This Blueberry Crescent Roll Recipe Today
These blueberry cream cheese crescent rolls are easy and delicious, and everyone always comes back for more of them again and again. With this much flavor and such an easy recipe, why wouldn’t you make them? Give these a try, and I know they’ll be used heavily in your sweets rotation from now on.
More Delicious Cream Cheese Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Peach Cream Cheese Danish – This is a delicious pastry recipe made with fresh peaches, a creamy cream cheese mixture, and a homemade glaze.
Jalapeno Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls – These are an incredibly simple and easy recipe that only takes a handful of ingredients and are the perfect appetizer recipe for any occasion.
Apple Cream Cheese Puff Pastries – These puff pastries are the perfect brunch, dessert, or sweet treat to make during the fall season. They’re loaded with fresh chunks of apples, a cream cheese mixture, and topped with a sweet glaze.
And, try this Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie from Great Grub, Delicious Treats. This is a super easy no bake pie recipe that is rich and creamy, velvety, and absolutely delicious. A great addition to any party!
Blueberry Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 containers Pillsbury original crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet(s) with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Rinse blueberries and place in a medium saucepan.
- Sprinkle blueberries with sugar, brown sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and cornstarch.
- Stir and heat over medium heat until blueberries burst and start to thicken. Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Add egg yolk, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Beat until well incorporated.
- On a lightly floured surface, separate crescent dough at the perforated lines.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over each triangle of dough and add the blueberry mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Roll up triangles starting from the wide end and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with egg wash and bake for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar and milk together to make a simple glaze.
- Drizzle over crescents and enjoy.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.