This delicious and hearty steak and egg burrito recipe is made with perfectly seasoned tender beef, fluffy scrambled eggs, hash brown potato rounds, lots of cheese, all rolled up in flour tortillas. A delicious breakfast burrito the whole family will enjoy.
If you love breakfast burritos as much as I do, then you’re going to be incredibly pleased with this recipe. I’m a big fan of anything rolled up into a tortilla, including breakfast food. If I ever have to stop at a fast food restaurant for breakfast, a burrito is always the first thing I look for. One day, it occurred to me that I didn’t have to wait for a rushed morning to enjoy a delicious breakfast burrito. I could just make them at home! And so, I started making these routinely for breakfast on the weekends. Any leftovers could be used as after-school snacks for the kids and their friends. It worked out perfectly because these reheat wonderfully, and as we all know, teenagers eat like they’re starving every hour of every day!
Steak and Egg Burrito
This delicious burrito starts out with chuck roast chunks that are cooked to perfection – browned on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. Then, I combine them with scrambled eggs, little hash browns, cheese, and gravy, and I wrap it all up in a tortilla. It makes an easy, delicious, and hearty breakfast, and it’s especially delicious when you serve it with salsa, Pico de Gallo, sour cream, fresh cilantro, avocado or green onions. Or if you’re like me, serve them with all of it!
Why You’ll Love This Breakfast Steak and Egg Burrito
- The meat is super flavorful and tender.
- It’s loaded with meat, potatoes, eggs, and cheese, and it’s all rolled up in flour tortillas.
- They make a hearty, delicious breakfast recipe the whole family will enjoy.
- Always use a warm flour tortilla before adding the filling. They taste better when warm, and it prevents them from cracking when being folded over the ingredients.
- The best way to get your meat evenly browned is to flip and cook every side rather than stirring the beef chunks.
- Don’t rush simmering the meat. The more tender it is, the better!
Steak and Egg Burrito Variations
- Try frying the burritos in the pan after you make them for more flavor.
- You can make this recipe with pork or chicken, as well.
- For even more heat and flavor, cook the beef with sliced jalapeños.
- You can substitute a breakfast gravy packet in place of brown gravy, if you like.
- Use leftover beef roast for this recipe, too.
What to Serve with Steak and Egg Burritos
These burritos are an entire meal wrapped up in a tortilla, and they will absolutely fill you up. I recommend keeping your pairings light. Opt for things like fruit salad along with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee. Trust me, if you try to pack in more than that, you’ll regret it. These things will STUFF you. That being said, if your family is full of particularly big eaters, or your serving these as part of a party spread, some great pairings include:
- Chips and guacamole
- Chips and salsa
- Fresh fruit
- Hot Sauce
- Sour cream
What goes well with breakfast burritos?
In general, you want to pair your breakfast burritos with something simple like a bit of fruit and some coffee or milk. Breakfast burritos are entire meals all on their own, and they are super filling. If you’re serving these as part of a larger breakfast for a crowd, pair your burritos with all the other classic breakfast foods like bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes, biscuits, and the like.
Can the meat be made in advance?
It can, and it should in my opinion. I usually make the meat the day before so I have plenty of time to let it simmer until it’s super tender. You can’t rush that step.
What meat goes well with eggs?
You can pair eggs with a variety of meats. Some of the meats on the list below are no-brainers, but a couple might surprise you.
Can you freeze steak and egg burritos?
Yes! They freeze very well. Let them cool, then wrap them in a double layer of plastic wrap and then a layer of aluminum foil. Transfer them to an airtight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
How to Store and Reheat Steak and Egg Burrito
Store the burritos in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For longer storage, wrap them in a double layer of plastic wrap and a layer of foil and freeze them for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
To reheat the burritos, wrap them in aluminum foil and place them in a baking dish. Then, reheat them for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Steak and Egg Burrito Ingredients
It only takes some simple ingredients to make these delicious burritos. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Chuck roast
- Olive oil
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Chili powder
- Brown gravy packet
- Beef broth
- Large eggs
- Black pepper
- Frozen potato rounds
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Flour tortillas, burrito size
Steak and Egg Burrito Instructions
Although this recipe requires a bit of time because you have to simmer the beef, the recipe is actually every easy. Once the beef is finished cooking, it only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps.
Step 1: Cook the Beef
Add olive oil to a large Dutch oven. Then, add the onions and chuck roast and cook until the meat is browned on all sides and the onions are translucent. Next, add the seasonings, gravy packet, and beef broth, stir, and cover. Simmer for 2 ½ to 3 hours or until the meat is tender and shreds easily. When the beef is done, remove it from the pan, shred it, and set it aside in a bowl.
Step 2: Bake the Potatoes
Bake the potato rounds according to the package directions and set them aside.
Step 3: Cook the Eggs
Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Then, scramble the eggs over medium heat in a large frying pan with butter.
Step 4: Construct the Burritos
Heat the tortillas. Then, add potato rounds, shredded beef, scrambled eggs, and cheese. Fold and enjoy!
Try This Delicious Steak and Egg Burrito Recipe Today
If you’re looking for a true breakfast feast for you and your family, then you have to try this steak and egg burrito recipe. It’s loaded with all your favorite breakfast flavors, and it’s as filling as it is delicious. The best part is that you can make this with fresh beef or leftover beef roast. It’s also great with sliced steak, carne asada, flank steak, or skirt steak. Give this one a try, and I know you’ll be making it a regular breakfast option in your home.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes to Enjoy
Hash Brown Breakfast Cups – These delicious breakfast cups are made with hash browns, breakfast sausage, eggs, two types of cheese and are a great grab-n-go breakfast recipe the whole family will enjoy.
Sausage Eggs and Cheese Crescent Ring – A delicious buttery, flaky, crescent ring loaded with breakfast sausage, eggs, and cheese, and baked until golden brown. YUM!
Tex-Mex Breakfast Tacos – These delicious breakfast tacos are loaded with tender crock pot chuck roast, scrambled eggs, ranch beans, cheese, avocado, cilantro and salsa. A great breakfast recipe to use leftover chuck roast.
And, here are some delicious Cheesy Breakfast Potatoes with Crispy Bacon, from Great Grub, Delicious Treats, that you will enjoy as well.
Steak and Egg Burrito
For the Shredded Beef
- 2.5 pound chuck roast, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 brown gravy packet
- ½-1 cup beef broth
For the Scrambled Eggs
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 30 ounce bag frozen potato rounds
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10-12 flour tortillas, burrito size
For the Shredded Beef
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large dutch oven.
- Add onions and chuck roast. Cook until meat is brown on all sides and onions are translucent.
- Sprinkle seasonings, gravy packet and beef broth over meat, stir, and cover.
- Cook over low/medium heat for 2.5-3 hours or until meat is tender and shreds easily.
- Remove beef from pan, shred and add to a bowl. Set aside.
For the Scrambled Eggs
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper together until combined.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat and add egg mixture.
- Cook eggs until done.
- Bake potato rounds according to packet directions.
- Heat tortillas and add potato rounds, shredded meat, scramble eggs, and top with cheese. Fold and enjoy.
- Optional additions: sour cream, green onions, cilantro, salsa.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.