This One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta is a quick, easy, hearty, and delicious, comfort food recipe that makes a simple weeknight dinner recipe that can be on the table in no time.
If you love hearty, one-pot meals, then get ready for a winner you’re going to love. This tasty one-pot dish brings new meaning to the term “winner, winner chicken dinner”. Because it IS a winning chicken dinner that everyone always loves. I’m a big fan of recipes like this because they’re easy and hearty and can feed so many people with so little effort. When you’re a mom trying to get food on the table for your family or you’re trying to find something to bring to your next potluck, this is the dish to make!
One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta
This delicious skillet pasta recipe starts with bite-size chunks of chicken breast along with onions, 3 different kinds of bell peppers, and diced jalapeno for a kick of heat. I combine it all with a rich, creamy sauce made with heavy cream, tomato sauce, and chicken broth. Finally, perfectly cooked, al dente noodles and cheese are mixed in to create a cheesy pasta bake that’s full of protein and flavor and leaves even the biggest eaters satisfied.
Why You’ll Love This One Pot Chicken Pasta Recipe
- It’s easy to make, and it tastes delicious.
- It’s full of flavor and is made in one pot, which makes cleaning up a breeze.
- It is a favorite weeknight meal that can be on the table in no time.
One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta Ingredients
This delicious recipe only uses a few simple ingredients to deliver all its massive flavor. You’ll easily find everything you need at your local grocery store. The actual measurements are listed in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Chicken breasts, boneless skinless, cut into bite-size pieces
- Large onion, diced
- Green bell pepper
- Orange bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, diced
- Cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Tomato sauce
- Colby jack cheese, shredded
- Rotini pasta
How to Make One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta
Making this recipe is just as simple as your trip to the grocery store. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in just a few minutes!
Step 1: Make the Chicken
Heat butter and olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Then, add the chicken and seasonings, and cook until all sides of the chicken are white.
Step 2: Cook the Vegetables
Add the onions, bell peppers, and jalapeno, and continue cooking until tender. Then, add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
Step 3: Add the Sauce Ingredients
Pour the chicken broth, heavy cream, and tomato sauce into the skillet. Stir and simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
Step 4: Add Noodles and Cheese
While the chicken simmers, cook the pasta per package directions for al dente and drain. When the chicken is finished, add the noodles and shredded cheese and stir. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Only cook the chicken in the skillet until it turns white. It will finish cooking as the sauce simmers.
- Only cook the noodles to al dente. If the noodles are too soft, they’ll break apart when you mix them into the chicken mixture.
- Try adding even more vegetables like mushrooms, celery, carrots, or any of your favorites. Just cut them into bite-size pieces that will cook uniformly.
- If you don’t like spicy food, omit the jalapeño.
- You can use any short pasta noodle variety you like.
- Your favorite shredded cheese will work in this recipe. Try them all!
What to Serve with One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta
This is a hearty pone pat chicken and pasta dish that’s a full meal all on its own. When I serve it, I generally stick to simple sides like bread and butter, garlic bread, and/or a side salad. If you’re serving this as part of a larger spread, there are a few great dishes that will work well with it. The ingredients are simple, and there’s a definite Southwestern flair to it. So try things like:
- Jalapeno cornbread
- Garlic bread
- Crusty bread with butter
- Avocado slices
- Grilled cheese sandwiches
- Hearty casseroles
Can I use milk instead of heavy cream?
You can. The sauce will still be creamy, but it won’t be quite as creamy and rich.
Can you make this creamy chicken pasta in advance?
This dish reheats well, so you could make it earlier in the day when you have time then serve it later.
How long will leftover creamy chicken pasta last in the fridge?
It will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze creamy chicken pasta?
This dish freezes very well and will last for up to 3 months in the freezer.
How to Store and Reheat One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta
Store this dish in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For longer storage, freeze it in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
To reheat, simply place it in a saucepan or pot and reheat over medium-low heat until heated through. Try not to stir too much to preserve the noodles.
Try This Delicious One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe Today
This easy one pot creamy chicken pasta recipe is absolutely delicious and so easy to make. It’s perfect for feeding a hungry family or as an addition to any potluck. No matter when or where you serve it, everyone will always love it. Give this recipe a try, and I know you’re going to fall in love with it!
More Delicious Pasta Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Taco Pasta – This is a hearty pasta recipe that is loaded with deliciously seasoned ground beef, shredded cheese, and shell pasta.
Chicken Ranch Bowtie Pasta – This hearty pasta recipe is made with bowtie noodles, seasoned chicken, onions, garlic, and fresh spinach in a delicious creamy sauce.
Italian Sausage Bow Tie Pasta – Loaded with delicious hot Italian sausage, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and bowtie pasta, this hearty pasta recipe is sure to be a hit.
And, this delicious Cheesy Hamburger Pasta recipe from Great Grub, Delicious Treats that you are sure to enjoy as well.
One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, diced
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 32 ounce chicken broth
- 16 ounce heavy cream
- 15 ounce tomato sauce
- 2 cups Colby jack cheese, shredded
- 16 ounce rotini pasta
- In a large skillet or saucepan, add butter and olive oil and heat over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with all the seasonings. Stir and cook until all sides of chicken are white in color.
- Next, add onions, bell peppers and jalapeno, and continue cooking until tender, add garlic and cook for an additional two minutes.
- Pour chicken broth, heavy cream and tomato sauce into the pan. Stir to combine and simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add pasta and cook until pasta is al dente.
- Spread shredded colby jack cheese over the top. Stir and serve.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.