These fried mini chicken tacos are a flavorful chicken taco recipe made with deliciously seasoned chicken, chipotle ranch, avocado ranch dressing, and shredded cheese and fried to golden, crispy perfection.
I live in Texas, which, as you all know is both south AND west. So what does that mean for food? Well, it means that down here, we love our fried food as much as we love our Tex-Mex flavors. So of course, these mini chicken tacos are a huge hit with my family. I’ve been making these delicious little tacos for years. They made a great dinner and the next day, the kids and their friends snack on them after school or throughout the day during summer break. I also love to bring these to gameday parties, potlucks, and any gathering where finger food is the name of the game. They’re just so good and so easy!
Mini Chicken Tacos
These delicious tacos start with diced chicken breast slathered in a chipotle avocado ranch dressing. Then, I stuff the mixture into small corn tortilla taco shells and fry them up to crispy, golden brown perfection. It’s a delicious fried taco treat that’s incredibly easy to make, so full of flavor, and all made in one skillet! You can’t beat that! Serve these with your favorite toppings or with dipping sauces alongside them.
Why You’ll Love These Mini Chicken Tacos
- They’re super easy to make and so full of flavor.
- They’re crispy and cheesy and make a fun snack, appetizer, or even an unexpected meal the whole family will love.
- They use simple ingredients that are readily available at your local grocery store.
- Don’t fry your tortillas too much initially. You’re just getting them warm before filling at first.
- Remove your tacos when they’re golden and crunchy. Don’t let them get too browned.
- Don’t crowd your pan. You want the oil to stay hot.
- Use ground beef, chorizo, shredded beef or shredded pork in place of chicken, or use a rotisserie chicken.
- For an extra kick of heat, try adding diced jalapenos to the chicken mixture.
What to Serve with Mini Chicken Tacos
These tacos might be mini, but they pack a big punch of flavor. And they’re delicious with all your favorite taco pairings! Try:
- Salsa and chips
- Sour cream
- Pico de Gallo
- Refried beans
- Any of your other favorite Mexican dishes
Favorite Taco Toppings
- Refried beans
Frequently Asked Questions
What are mini tacos called?
The Mexican name for mini tacos is taquito, which translates literally to little taco.
What are small tortillas called?
Small tortillas are called fajita tortillas.
Can I put mini tacos in an air fryer?
You sure can. Air fry them for 3 minutes at 400 degrees, then flip and air fry for 3 more minutes.
Can you freeze leftover mini chicken tacos?
These mini tacos freeze very well. Just place the cooled tacos in an airtight, freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
How to Store and Reheat Mini Chicken Tacos
Store these in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. For longer storage, freeze them for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
To reheat, wrap tacos lightly in foil and bake them for 10 minutes at 350 to 375 degrees.
Mini Chicken Tacos Ingredients
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe. You can find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced small
- Garlic salt
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Chipotle ranch dressing
- Avocado ranch dressing
- Corn tortilla, street taco size
- Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Vegetable oil
How to Make Mini Chicken Tacos
Making these tacos is a straightforward affair. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps from start to finish.
Step 1: Cook the Chicken
Melt butter over high heat in a large skillet. Then, add the diced chicken, sprinkle with seasonings, and cook.
Step 2: Add the Dressing
Transfer the chicken to a medium bowl and mix with the chipotle and avocado ranch dressings.
Step 3: First Fry
Wipe out the pan and add vegetable oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Then, using tongs, gently add tortillas one at a time to the hot oil and fry just to heat them. Place them on a plate.
Step 4: Fill and Fry
Fill the tortillas with the chicken mixture and shredded cheese. Then, fold and place back in the hot oil. Fry until crunchy and enjoy!
Try These Delicious Mini Chicken Tacos Today
These mini chicken tacos are full of flavor and so easy to make. With all that creamy chicken goodness on the inside and crispy, crunchy tortilla on the outside, you’ve got to try this one. Give it a whirl, and I guarantee your family will ask for it again and again!
More Delicious Taco Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Southwest Chicken Tacos – These crispy, golden tacos are loaded with zesty seasoned chicken, cream cheese, green chiles, and overflowing with cheesy spicy flavor.
Tex Mex Breakfast Tacos – These breakfast tacos are packed full of juicy, tender crock pot chuck roast, scrambled eggs, ranch style beans, diced avocado, salsa, cilantro and lots of cheese.
Baked Chicken Tacos – These chicken tacos are full of deliciously seasoned chicken and loaded with cheese then baked to crispy golden perfection.
And, Rib Eye Street Tacos, from Great Grub, Delicious Treats, are a delicious street taco recipe using leftover ribeye.
Mini Chicken Tacos
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced small
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup chipotle ranch dressing
- ⅛ cup avocado ranch dressing
- 18-20 corn tortilla, street taco size
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2+ cups vegetable oil
- In a large skillet or frying pan, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Place diced chicken into the pan and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Fry until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove chicken and place in a medium bowl.
- Pour chipotle ranch and avocado ranch dressing into the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Wipe out the skillet and add vegetable oil. Heat over medium high heat.
- Using tongs, gently add tortillas, one at a time, into the hot oil and then place on plate.
- Fill with chicken mixture and add shredded cheese. Fold and place back into the hot oil. Work in batches.
- Cook until each mini taco is crunchy and golden. Remove and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.