This is the ultimate breakfast sandwich that is easy to make and a great way to start your day. Loaded with two fried eggs, Swiss cheese, black forest ham, and crispy bacon – all on a sesame seed bun. Easy, delicious, and the perfect breakfast sandwich.
I love breakfast sandwiches. When I’m on the go in the morning, I’ll always stop at my local fast food restaurant and grab a breakfast sandwich to power me through the morning. However, my love of these tasty, handheld breakfast items doesn’t stop at ordering them. I love to make them, too! I’ve been making sandwiches for breakfast for years. I’ve used biscuits, brioche, and everything in between, and I love to stuff all my breakfast favorites in between that bread. My family loves it, too. When my kids lived at home, they were always excited to have these in the morning. I’d even make extra so they and their friends could have them as afternoon snacks later on. They’re absolutely delicious and so easy to make!
The Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
“Ultimate” is so much more than fluff or hyperbole in this case. This really IS the ultimate breakfast sandwich. It starts with sesame seed hamburger buns that get toasted to golden brown on the inside. The, I add bacon, fried eggs, ham, and Swiss cheese to create a sandwich filled with a variety of crispy, melty, gooey textures and an absolute ton of flavor. It’s the perfect way to start the day or even end it with dinner. These sandwiches also make great party food for potlucks or game day gatherings.
Why You’ll Love This Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
- They’re hearty and delicious, and they only take a few simple ingredients to make.
- They’re packed with all your favorite breakfast flavors.
- And, they’re super easy to make and they’re always a hit.
Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich Tips and Variations
This is a super easy recipe, so I don’t have a lot of tips for this one. It basically makes itself. I do have some great variations, however, that I think you’ll enjoy.
- You only need a thin layer of mayo for toasting the buns.
- Be gentle when flipping your eggs so you don’t break the yolk – unless you like them that way, of course.
- Use an egg mold to make your eggs fast-food restaurant style.
- Breakfast sausage is great in place of the bacon and ham – or in addition to it!
- Use any of your favorite slices of cheddar cheese, American, and/or Pepper Jack for this recipe.
- Try using waffles for the bread, buttery croissant, or toasted English muffins.
- Add a layer of mashed avocado to take it to the next level of deliciousness.
Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich FAQ
The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about these delicious breakfast sandwiches. If you have questions, then read on!
What is the most popular breakfast sandwich?
There are as many breakfast sandwich preferences as there are people out there. However, there are some that are more popular than others. The following are the top three sandwiches.
- Jimmy Dean Delights English Muffin, Turkey Sausage Egg White & Cheese
- Kellogg’s Special K Flatbread Breakfast Sandwich
- Lean Cuisine Chicken Ranch Club Flatbread Melt
What is the ultimate breakfast sandwich?
I gave it the name, but it’s absolutely accurate. This is the ultimate because it’s loaded with all our favorite breakfast sandwich ingredients including eggs, bacon, ham, and cheese.
What goes with breakfast sandwiches?
These are a breakFEAST in a bun, so it only stands to reason that all your other favorite breakfast items will go with them. Some great options include:
- Hash browns
- Breakfast potatoes
- Sausage gravy
What do you put on a breakfast sandwich?
You can put all kinds of delicious ingredients on a breakfast sandwich. They’re great with pretty much all of your breakfast favorites.
- Sausage patties
- Canadian bacon
- Hot sauce
- Sautéed onions and mushrooms
How to Store and Reheat the Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
You can store these sandwiches for up to 3 days in the refrigerator in an air-tight container. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to 3 months. Wrap the sandwiches in a double layer of plastic wrap, then freeze them in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
To reheat these sandwiches, place them in a baking dish and cover it with foil. Then, bake at 350 degrees for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make these sandwiches. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Sesame seed hamburger buns
- Large eggs
- Swiss cheese
- Black forest ham
- Black pepper
How to Make the Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
Making these sandwiches is just as easy as gathering up your ingredients. It only takes a few steps and a few simple ingredients.
Step 1: Cook the Bacon
Cook the bacon to your desired crispness. Then, set it aside on a plate lined with paper towels.
Step 2: Toast the Buns
Spread mayonnaise on the inside of each half of the buns. Then, toast them in a large nonstick skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat until golden. Remove the buns and set them aside.
Step 3: Fry the Ham
In the same pan, fry the ham until heated and set it aside.
Step 4: Fry the Eggs
Fry the eggs to desired doneness in the pan with the bacon grease. Salt and pepper, to taste.
Step 5: Construct the Sandwiches
Place the bottom bun on a plate. Then, top it with two fried eggs, one slice of cheese, a slice of ham, and bacon. Then, place the top bun and enjoy!
Try This Delicious Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich Today
This really is the ultimate breakfast sandwich. Loaded with TWO fried eggs, crispy bacon, cheese, and even ham, this sandwich is an absolute feast that you hold in your hand. Whether you have the time for a sit-down breakfast or the entire family has to rush out the door, these sandwiches are so easy and delicious, they’re always a great choice. These are definitely not your average breakfast sandwich. Give them a try, and I know you’ll love them as much as we do.
Here are More Breakfast Recipes you May Enjoy
Hash Brown Breakfast Cups – The perfect grab-n-go breakfast recipe made with a crispy hash brown cup that is filled with sausage, eggs, and cheese.
Honey Buns – A sweet treat that is made completely from scratch and topped with a sweet glaze.
Biscuits and Gravy – A super hearty and the ultimate comfort food recipe that is made with homemade buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy.
And, the Best Breakfast Sandwich from Great Grub, Delicious Treats. IT’s made with homemade English muffins, layered with hand-pressed sausage patties, cheese, and an egg.
The Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
- Cook bacon to desired crispiness, remove from pan and place on a paper plate liner with paper towels. Set aside.
- Spread mayo on the insides of the top and bottom buns.
- In a skillet or frying pan, over medium heat, place two buns at a time, mayonnaise side down in the pan and grill until golden. Remove from the pan and grill the remaining buns, then add the ham to the skillet and fry until heated. Set aside.
- Fry eggs in the pan with the bacon grease to desired doneness.
- Place the bottom bun on a plate, add two fried eggs, one slice of cheese, a slice of ham, top with bacon and add the top bun. Enjoy
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.