Crunchy, creamy, and delicious, these raspberry dessert wontons are filled with a sweet cream cheese mixture and a fresh raspberry filling, fried until crispy, then sprinkled with powdered sugar.
There are all kinds of desserts out there. From cakes to cookies, icebox cakes, brookies, and everything in between. Over the years, I’ve made them all. I have an admittedly large sweet tooth. These delicious little bites are so easy and so much fun to eat, and they’re loaded with sweet flavors. They’re a bite of fun and flavor in every mouthful.
Raspberry Dessert Wontons
These delicious raspberry wontons are overflowing with sweet flavors in every bite. Crispy, golden brown wontons are filled with sweetened cream cheese and a sweet raspberry filling, creating a dessert that’s absolutely decadent while still being so simple to make. These wontons are easy enough for a weeknight meal but pretty enough to be at home on any gathering table. I love making them for desserts, afternoon snacks, and potlucks, in addition to bringing them to holiday events.
Tips and Variations
While this is an easy recipe, I do have some tips that will help you make them the best they can possibly be. They’re easy tips, but they can make a big difference. I also have some great ways to switch up these wontons, allowing you to make several different kinds while still using this single recipe.
- Be sure you don’t overfill the wontons, or all your delicious filling will ooze out of them.
- When sealing your wontons, be sure to press much air as possible out of them.
- When moistening your wonton edges to seal them, don’t use too much water. You want the edges to be damp, not soaked.
- When frying the wontons, be sure not to overcrowd the skillet so the temperature remains consistent.
- You can air fry these wontons to avoid the mess and spatter of oil.
- Use different berries with the filling recipe to make blueberry, blackberry, or strawberry filling.
- Use your favorite pie filling to make even more flavors like apple, peach, and more.
Raspberry Dessert Wontons FAQ
If you have questions about these raspberry dessert wontons, then read on. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
What are wontons?
Wontons are a type of filled Chinese dumpling. They can be filled with sweet or savory mixtures. You’ll usually find wontons fried.
What is wonton filling made of?
Traditional wontons are often filled with pork or prawns along with various diced vegetables and greens. Over the years, wontons have been Americanized, however, and these days you can find them filled with all manner of both savory and sweet ingredients.
What is traditionally in a wonton?
True, traditional wontons are usually filled with pork and vegetables then served in a seasoned broth.
Can wontons be made in an air fryer?
Yes, they can. Spray the basket with nonstick spray and fry the wontons at 370 degrees for 8 minutes.
How to Store and Reheat Raspberry Dessert Wontons
These wontons will keep in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. They’re filled with cream cheese, so freezing is not recommended.
To reheat the wontons, wrap them in foil or place them in a baking dish and cover it with foil. Then, bake them for 7 to 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove the foil for the last 2 minutes of cooking time to allow the wontons to re-crisp.
Raspberry Dessert Wontons Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make these delicious wonton treats. You’ll find everything you need easily at your local grocery store.
For the Cream Cheese Filling
- Cream cheese
For the Raspberry Filling
- Fresh raspberries
- Lemon juice
For the Wontons
- Wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar for dusting
How to Make Raspberry Dessert Wontons
Making these wontons is just as easy as getting your ingredients together. It only takes a few simple steps!
Step 1: Make the Raspberry Filling
Add raspberries, lemon juice, and sugar to a small saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium, stirring frequently, until a sauce begins to form. Then, mix cornstarch and water together and add it to the raspberries. Stir the mixture until thickened, then remove it from the heat and let it cool.
Step 2: Make the Cream Cheese Filling
Beat the cream cheese and sugar together in a small bowl until it’s smooth and creamy.
Step 3: Construct the Wontons
Lay wonton wrappers on a clean, large flat surface and add a spoonful of cream cheese mixture to the middle of each wrapper. Then, add a spoonful of the raspberry mixture. Next, dip your finger into water and lightly moisten all of the edges of each wrapper. Grab all four corners of each wonton and pull them together, gently pressing to remove the excess air and firmly pressing the edges together to seal.
Step 4: Fry the Wontons
Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add 5 to 6 wontons at a time and fry them until golden brown on all sides – about 4 to 5 minutes. Once golden brown, remove them from the skillet and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil. Dust the wontons with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Try These Delicious Raspberry Cream Cheese Wontons Today
These raspberry dessert wontons are so delicious and so easy to make. They’re the perfect dessert for a busy weeknight, a great addition to any part, or simply an afternoon snack. Give this easy, delicious recipe a try, and I know you’ll love it as much as I do. These wontons are just plain fun!
More Delicious Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
Easy Apple Pie Crescents Recipe – These apple pie crescents are easy to make, require few ingredients, and are packed full of warm flavors. Loaded with a fresh apple pie filling, wrapped in flaky crescent dough, baked until golden brown, and drizzled with a sweet glaze, these handheld pies are the perfect dessert for any fall party or get-together.
Bananas Foster Monkey Bread – Made with a delicious homemade bananas foster sauce, freshly sliced bananas, and rolled grand biscuits that are coated in cinnamon sugar, this monkey bread is sure to become a household favorite.
Frozen Raspberry Dessert Recipe – This frozen dessert is a creamy and refreshing treat that is loaded with fresh raspberries in a homemade buttery graham cracker crust, and topped with whipped cream, raspberries, and graham cracker crumbs,
And, here is a delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp from Great Grub, Delicious Treats. Packed full of fresh strawberries and frozen rhubarb with a delicious crisp topping.
For the Raspberry Filling
- In a small saucepan, add raspberries, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Hear over medium heat until sauce begins to form, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together, then add to raspberries. Stir until thickened then remove from heat and let cool.
For the Cream Cheese Filling
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and creamy.
Making the Wontons
- Place a few wonton wrappers on a clean surface and add a spoonful of cream cheese mixture to the center of each wrapper followed by a spoonful of raspberry mixture.
- Dip finger into water and lightly moisten all of the edges of the wrapper to help seal the wontons.
- Grab all four corners and pull them up and closed. Make sure to remove most of the air before sealing.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add 5-6 wontons at a time and fry until golden brown on all sides, approximately 4-5 minutes. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan so the temperature of the oil stays the same.
- Once the wontons are golden brown, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with pepper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.