This creamy ravioli recipe is a simple Italian dish that’s perfect for any night of the week. It combines a delicious hearty meat sauce with a creamy white sauce along with mozzarella cheese for an absolutely delicious ravioli dish everyone raves over.
Ravioli is a classic Italian dish, and it’s popular with almost everyone. Of course, when we think of ravioli, we usually think of those little filled pasta pockets served in a tomato sauce. I do make ravioli recipes like that, but one of my favorite ways to make it is by combining meat sauce and white cream sauce. It’s the same idea as lasagna, except it’s all mixed together. It’s a super easy recipe that is full of rich flavor. And because it’s such a quick and easy recipe to make, you can serve it up any time of the week. You don’t have to wait for the weekend! My kid would often eat the leftovers the next day as an after-school snack, which saved me more time cooking. So this recipe is a winner all the way around.
Creamy Ravioli Recipe
This delicious recipe is a semi-homemade winner that’s ready fast and is always delicious. I combine frozen cheese ravioli with quick and easy homemade meat and white sauces. Then I pour it all into a baking dish, top it with cheese, and bake it to bubbly perfection. The entire thing only takes about 15 or 20 minutes to prep and then another 20 minutes in the oven. That’s all there is to it! It’s one of those great recipes that you can make quickly for a crowd – or just a hungry family!
Why You’ll Love This Creamy Ravioli Recipe
- It has both meat sauce and white sauce and uses both ground beef and Italian sausage.
- It’s a delicious meal the whole family will enjoy, and it’s incredibly easy to make.
- Everyone loves ravioli, and this is a recipe that people request again and again.
Creamy Ravioli Recipe Tips and Variations
This recipe is so simple that I only have a couple of tips for it. That’s great because it means it’s almost impossible not to make it delicious! I also have some great variations that I think you’ll enjoy, as well.
- Always spray your dish with nonstick spray. Even though this is a saucy recipe, it can and will stick.
- Only cook your meat until it’s no longer pink and the onions are tender. You don’t want to dry it out.
- For a milder version of this recipe, use regular Italian sausage instead of hot.
- Use any of your favorite frozen ravioli varieties. They come in cheese, meat, veggie, and more.
- Switch things up by adding parmesan cheese along with the mozzarella cheese for even more flavor.
What to Serve with Creamy Ravioli
Ravioli is a hearty dish that pairs very well with a variety of foods. Some of my favorites are:
- Garlic bread
- Garlic toast
- Cheesy toast
- Roasted vegetables
- Broccoli rabe
- Spring salad
- Caesar salad
Creamy Ravioli Recipe FAQ
The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about this delicious creamy ravioli recipe.
What kind of ravioli works best for this recipe?
Any ravioli will work. That’s the beauty of this recipe. Use cheese, beef, spinach, or any other kind that you like.
What’s the best way to cook ravioli?
Boiling is the traditional way to cook ravioli. Even if you’ll be adding it to another dish, it’s generally boiled first.
What is usually inside ravioli?
Ravioli can be filled with cheese, beef, or vegetables.
How long will ravioli last in the fridge?
You can store it for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
How to Store and Reheat This Creamy Ravioli Recipe
Store this dish in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. To reheat it, place it in a saucepan on medium-low heat with the lid on. Cook until heated through.
Creamy Ravioli Recipe Ingredients
This recipe only uses simple ingredients that you can find easily at your local grocery store.
- Ground hot Italian sausage
- Ground beef
- Onion, diced
- Garlic powder
- Slap ya mama
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Tomato sauce
- Tomato paste
- All purpose flour
- Heavy cream
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pasta water
- Cheese ravioli, I used frozen
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
How to Make This Creamy Ravioli Recipe
it only takes a few simple steps to make this recipe. Even beginners can make it.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish win nonstick spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Cook the Pasta
Boil water in a large pot and cook the raviolis according to the package directions for al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup of the pasta water and set it aside.
Step 3: Cook the Meat
In a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat, cook the Italian sausage, ground beef, and onions until the meat is no longer pink and the onions are tender. Drain and return the meat to the pan.
Step 4: Make the Meat Sauce
Sprinkle the meat with seasonings and stir. Then, pour the tomato sauce and tomato paste into the meat mixture. Stir to combine and cover. Then, let the sauce simmer, stirring occasionally.
Step 5: Make the White Sauce
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and then stir in the flour. Pour heavy whipping cream into the pan and stir until combined. Then, add the parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper, and add pasta water to the sauce, and stir.
Step 6: Bake
Pour the ravioli into the white sauce and stir to combine. Then, pour the white sauce and ravioli mixture into the baking dish and top it with the meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and baked uncovered for 20 minutes until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
Try This Delicious Creamy Ravioli Recipe Today
This creamy ravioli recipe is loaded with flavor, and it’s so easy to make. That’s an unbeatable combo if you ask me. It’s the perfect pasta dish for a family meal any time of the week and everyone always loves it. Give it a try, and I know you’ll find it makes its way into your dinner rotation frequently.
More Delicious Pasta Recipes You Might Enjoy
Italian Sausage Bow Tie Pasta – This is a family favorite pasta dish that is absolutely delicious and easy to make. Loaded with Italian sausage, seasoned perfectly, lots of cheese and bow tie pasta. So good!
Easy One Pot Goulash – Here is a hearty and delicious goulash recipe packed with ground beef, corn, cheese, elbow macaroni and more. A quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe the whole family will enjoy.
Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese – This delicious mac and cheese is made with the earthy butternut squash that melts into the cheesy goodness you are going to love.
And, here is a delicious Sausage Tortellini Soup from Great Grub, Delicious Treats that you might enjoy as well.
Creamy Ravioli Recipe
For the Meat Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350° and spray a 9 x 13 deep baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook pasta per package directions for al dente.
For the Meat Sauce
- In a large skillet, or frying pan, over medium high heat, cook Italian sausage, ground beef and onions until meat is no longer pink and onions are tender. Drain and return to the pan.
- Sprinkle with seasonings, stir.
- Pour tomato sauce and tomato paste into the meat mixture. Stir to combine, cover and let simmer, stirring occasionally.
For the Creamy White Sauce
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter and then stir in flour.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into the pan and stir until combined.
- Add Parmesan cheese, stir until melted and add salt and pepper.
- Add pasta water to cheese sauce, stir.
- Add cooked pasta to cheese sauce, stir to combine.
- Pour pasta and cheese sauce into the prepared baking dish followed by the meat mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.