Chicken Salad Sandwich
Chicken Salad Sandwich is a delicious homemade chicken salad recipe that is loaded with crisp red grapes, crunchy walnuts, tender chicken, and a handful of other ingredients, giving this recipe a vast combination of flavors.
Servings: 4 Sandwiches
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless, boiled and shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup red grapes, cut in half
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 5 ounce can water chestnuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 slices deli swirl rye pumpernickel bread, or your favorite bread
- Optional: lettuce
In a large bowl, add shredded chicken and mayonnaise. Stir until combined.
Next, add grapes, red onions, green onions, water chestnuts, chopped walnuts, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
Stir to combine, cover and place in the refrigerator to chill until ready to serve.
Add desired amount of chicken salad on 4 slices of toasted bread. Top with lettuce, add the other slice of bread to each sandwich and enjoy